1 Sport for healthy life! It's done!


This post is going to be only in English, but it doesn't matter. I'll tell you about my CAP (Civic Action Project implemented within YoutLAB (Leadership Across Border) Program. I’ll share with you my CAP goals and my achievements! So, let’s go!


On 21th of July at State House in Montpelier 72 YouthLAB-ers from Armenia, Turkey and the US presented each other their CAPs and about the activities they plan to initiate in order to improve their communities. My own project is called "Sport for Healthy Life". My goal is to help people be healthier with the help of sports.

My original plan was to do small roundtables with my peers and share with them about the importance of sports in our life. And to compliment the talks, I intended to organize sport games in Armenia with the involvement of peers present during the roundtables. However, understanding that in Armenia many people are interested in sports and appreciate its role, I reassessed my plan and decided not to speak about sports and only play games. This would be the best way to show others that everyone everywhere and every time can play.

So, upon return to Armenia, the first step I undertook was a football game.

Our YouthLAB team played against Real Madrid's Armenian fan club's football team. They are a semi-professional team, so it was really hard to compete with them. But we tried and really did our best. The first half of the game was unexpected and we conceded 7 goals and scored only one. But the second half developed in our favor. We scored one goal after another one. Finally the game finished with the score of 12-8 with Madridist’ advantage but the YouthLAB-ers showed that a united teamwork can give good results. We showed that everyone, even if he doesn't play football well, can play because sport is for everyone.

As continuation of my CAP first event, recently, we had volleyball and basketball games in Anania Shirakatsi Lyceum in Yerevan. Our YouthLAB team played against the lyceum's volleyball team which was a very organized and great opponent. We played a lot and had fun. We genuinely enjoyed playing. Mariam Martirosyan, director of PH International's Armenian office, also played and did very well.

Also, after some rest, I initiated another small event in Gyumri, my home town. A few days ago during the physical training lesson at my school I told to young students about sport's importance. They were very excited to hear all that. My audience was a group of about 11 students. Unfortunately, my camera's battery was low and I wasn't able to take photos. But soon, I'm again going to facilitate such a lesson, since I liked the experience and found it productive.
Now I think my project is 98% completed. On the horizon - one more lesson in my school which I promise to realize soon.

AND FINALLY I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL MY SUPPORTERS WHO WERE ALSO OUR TEAM'S SUPPORTERS AND THEY SUPPORTED US VERY WELL. THANK YOU!!!

You can watch the videos and photos from these events. See the links below.


Videos of football game

Video from Volleyball game

1 comments :